Join us at Estrella Lodge for a Christmas day celebration
We would love for you to come and join us and enjoy a day of celebration. We are not religious but thoroughly enjoy one day in the year where we can relax with our guests round the fire, with a drink, round the table with good food, listening to music (some of it has to be Christmas songs) and generally having a good time.
we love to celebrate Christmas with a mixture of English and Spanish flare.
Your day will include:
- A small gift under the tree
- Breakfast with some extra flare
- A Glass of Cava before lunch
- Christmas lunch which would be something like:
- Prawn cocktail
- Traditional roast with meat of your choice – Turkey & Spanish stuffing or Rib of beef perhaps
- Accompanied by roast vegetables and all the trimmings
- Light Christmas pudding / mince pies and cream
- Buffet of cold meats, homemade pickles and chutneys, cheese and fruit, homemade bread
The cost is 68 Euros per person
followed by evening buffet
Christmas has come to be regarded as the festival of peace and goodwill, when families are reunited, houses are gaily decorated and gifts are exchanged. Saint Nicholas gradually transformed into Santa Claus. The fat, jolly, red-clad, white-bearded Santa of today is really a 20th century invention, a creation of Haddon Sundblom for Coca-Cola, who created him in this image in 1931 – For inspiration, Sundblom turned to Clement Clark Moore’s 1822 poem “A Visit From St. Nicholas” (commonly called “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas”). Moore’s description of St. Nick led to an image of a warm, friendly, pleasantly plump and human Santa. (And even though it’s often said that Santa wears a red coat because red is the colour of Coca-Cola, Santa appeared in a red coat before Sundblom painted him) you can see the full story here